Is the mining industry doing enough to implement ESG at the ground level?
There's a lot of talk in the mining industry about ESG, but is the talk being turned into good practice? Register for our free webinar on Wednesday 31st July to join the conversation.
Brumadinho bought the issues of ESG into sharp focus earlier this year. Over the past few years, ESG has been gaining importance in the minds of miners.
According to a leading major, “five years ago, ESG was a passing mention on slide 25 of our corporate presentation; in 2019 it is the first five slides.”
However, is the mining industry’s talk being turned into good practice? An increasing number of portfolio fund managers and PE firms are embedding ESG policy into their Investment processes – are they convinced?
Is the mining industry doing enough to implement
ESG at the ground level?
1:00pm GMT, Wednesday 31st July
In this webinar, our expert panel will discuss:
- Why has ESG moved towards the top of mining CEOs in-tray?
- Understanding ESG as a net-contributor to the business bottom line
- Defining the material risks and opportunities that ESG issues present for the mining industry
- What steps can be taken to win back public trust post Brumadinho? It wasn’t the first tailings management disaster (Samarco 2015) and it is unlikely to be the last
- An update on the ICMM’s Tailings Governance Framework – key findings, recommendations and next steps
- Guidelines for shaping an effect ESG framework, including process and reporting, aligning interests of shareholders
- How are investors moving towards adopting a holistic ESG mind-set in their investment process
- and more
Unable to attend the webinar live? Register your details and we'll email you a copy of the recording 24 hours after the webinar has taken place.
Executive Vice President, Sustainability and External Relations, Newmont
Director of Ethics and Engagement, Church of England Pensions Board
Managing Partner, Pacific Road Capital
Director of Research, Emerging Markets Investors Alliance
Head of Content, Mines and Money
Mines and Money London Webinar series
This event is part of the 2019 Mines and Money London Webinar series, where we open up some of the conversations we'll be having on-site prior to the event.